Monday, November 10, 2008

My Visions Will Come True...

When I saw the video, its concept was pretty interesting, and I could get point what was an important for my life, how to turn my aspirations into my goal. It called VISION.

Since I came to New York from my country, Korea, I have been getting to forget why I decided to be here. Actually, I wanted to change my life and to accomplish my goal because I have job experienced 12 years as an editorial designer and an advertising designer in magazines and news papers after graduated in Art College, Korea. These careers made me get boring and falling in mannerism even though I felt that I was a pretty successful designer in my field. One day, I realized that I needed some FRESH AIR, time to change my field; that’s why I came here and I tried to study different fields as a baby. Some of my friends asked me that “Why did you dump your good careers”, “Why do you want to be a baby into the new world even though you are not young?”, “Why, Why?” They actually did not understand me, but I can say them “Why?” I believe that I have some visions, and although I might not have a whole plan mapped out to accomplish every single one of them, I think that they are realistic and little by little I feel a step closer to reach them.

My first vision is that I should get more and add more knowledge for my next level career besides design stuffs. I want to run own my 'Total Communication Art Company' in Korea after going back there. For it, I am studying now management, marketing, communication, photography and new computer design skills. Those are probably perfect match with base on my previous careers.

My second vision is that having a photo exhibition with my father in Korea. I am pretty interested in photography, so I am studying photography as a minor now. While I concerntrate shooting photoes, I can forget any stresses. After graduated in Baruch, I will continue to study it. Actually, my father is an amateur photograper, but he has been several photo exhibitions about nature and landscape for a few years. I really like his concepts of photos. If possible, I want to travel all over the world to get good or emotional pictures with him. And then I want to have a father and daughter's photo exhibition.

My third vision is that being able to help poor children who no hope of having a decent life ever again. I want to promote education, and provide better technology. I provide them insight of life to believe by themselves becoming an important person. I want to share with them what I have all.

For me, “Past is Past, Present is Gift, Future is Hope”. Therefore, I do not think my past because I have my own present to make my hope in the future. And all that I will do action for my visions to come true. Remembering that if we take action, visions will may come true, but without action these will just be an dream.

5 comments:

alex.wong said...

Hey, isn't that line “Past is Past, Present is Gift, Future is Hope” from Kungfu Panda? Lol. Your vision is really something else. You've abandoned what you used to have just to achieve that vision. You have my respect there. The moment I read that you dumped your careers, I was like what? why? I guess everyone has their own reason and perspective to achieve their visions. But you don't have to dump career. You could do both, continue you career and study at the same time. Anyways, I hope you could make it.

foamyfox said...

I praise your decision. If you didn't have a great vision, you wouldn't be bold enough to leave your career behind to start something new. I understand your friends: if I were them I would also ask you why you would quit such a wonderful job. Nevertheless, I also understand your initiative; wanting "fresh air", wanting to get something interesting in life. Your vision sounds perfectly reasonable to me. The extended knowledge you will receive from learning business would compliment well with your initial knowledge in art in order to start your private art company. I also want to start a private business as well. Hopefully someday our goals would become true. :)

Mira. Yoon said...

It’s really hard to quit what you’ve been doing for a long time, especially on career.
But you took the plunge for better future. If I were you, I couldn’t do it like you. I would stick to my stable status rather than new challenge. What I am trying to say is that you are so brave to do that.
Also, having a photo exhibition with your father sounds really interesting. I wish I could do something special with my father. I hope I can attend to your exhibition someday. I am pretty sure that you can do it. Whenever I talked to you personally, I felt you have confident on yourself. I want to be like you.
Besides, helping the poor is really impressive, too. Sharing something with the others is really great thing to do. You will be much happier by seeing them in better status with your help.
I hope you can come true all your visions. As you said, you consider “present” as a gift. So you can make the gift look brighter and more useful by putting more efforts in it. In other words, you will have a better future. Good luck~

Angela N. said...

That takes great courage to just come here when you already had a life back in Korea and start completely fresh. Thinking about it, I don't think that I would be able to do that. I'd be scared so I really admire you for that.
A photo exhibition with your father sounds very sweet. It's nice to have a shared passion with your family. My dad sells cars, althought I don't share his passion, it's definately something that I love to help him with in whatever way that I can.
Giving back to the less fortunate is admirable as well. You have a good head on your shoulders and I wish you luck with everything. :)

Jess L. said...

I admire your vision and courage to pursue your dreams very much. hopefully i can do the same thing -- after i graduate, work for a while, but then go back to school to pursue something i really want to do. i'm studying accounting right now, but if i had a choice, i'd probably do something that's more enjoyable. also, your third vision - i should've had that in my blog entry also! i have family that are still in the Philippines and i sometimes feel guilty when i visit and see how they're living compared to how i'm living. i also would want to promote reading also after my mother pounded into my brain the importance of education! lol. she always told me to never take education for granted since her parents did not have a high level of education and none of her siblings had even graduated from college. good luck on your visions!