Thursday, November 27, 2008

In DISC, What is my personal type?

What is my type such as a D, I, S, or C from the personal profile system? The result after conducting the test in class was that I was an I "Influence" and a high in C "Conscientiousness". I think that the results were pretty much correct overall. The description of a influence person is that one like to contacting people, viewing people and situations optimistically, and participating in a group, etc. I am probably this kind of person, but I do not think that entertaining people part because I do not have a skill to entertain people. Even though I tried to make people fun, they said that I made them feel chilly.

And as for a I type person; I do work participating in a group, which is my part in Korean, but I hardly participate, and do not like in a group in English. Some friends said that I am good English, but I know that they encouraged me. Whenever I have to join a group, I usually save my words at work or in school becuase I do not want to speak in English not correctly when I speak it. I am very serious about it and hope that the outcome will be good. I really like things to be accurate so that I know what to do and how to do it.

I like my type I, but I sometimes want to be D "Dominance" type in me. To take authority, managing trouble and solving trouble.

6 comments:

satinderpal singh said...

Don't worry about speaking in front of other people. The more you speak freely the more you will learn to speak better. Sure some people will make fun of you and laugh but who cares let them. If they were in your country and had to speak your language they would have trouble too. Far as the I type thats good cuz I am C. So we would get along.

Brian W said...

I think the test was right and you are an Influence type of person. After working with you in some group projects you never really had a negative thing to say, which shows you are usually optimistic. Influence type people usually like group projects. I think you can be more outspoken in the groups. Whenever you did speak you had good ideas, but you hardly say them. Be more confident and say more. I always talk, sometimes its too much, but what can you do. Do not worry about bad English. I was born here and I still do not speak perfect. Noone does anymore. You can have dominant times, but I do not see you as being a dominant person. Just speak up more and don't worry about it!

Mira. Yoon said...

Hi, Hyun Joo Unni
I totally agree with test result on your personality. You are the one who cheered me up when I was depressed with test ro work. You are very friendly. I’ve known you not that long. However, I feel very comfortable with you. Whenever I talked about my worries, you encouraged me just like my concern was yours. Thanks for your help. Also, you've already mentioned about your personality on the 2nd blog topic especially when your friends called you up when you have to do something for yourself. You listen to their concerns rather than being cold to them. You care more about the relationship with people. I am just like you. However, I sometimes feel like being conscientiousness type. I mean I want to think analytically, weighing pros and cons. By doing so, I can manage myself better than now.

I think you are also falling into steadiness stage. You like to be stable and look for peace seeking than complexity. you like to help and support others rather than discouraging them. Also, you look like cherishing your relationship with few friends. That’s why I feel comfortable with you.I want to have one like you if I get a job someday.:)

Mervin Blackmore said...

This is an accurate analysis of your character based on observations. In all our group exercises you definitely expressed this trait and it worked out to the benefit of the group. Also I agree with Brian you should try to speak up a little more and express you good ideas.

Naked I blog said...

As an "I" you do well. I think you have a nice personality. Also, combined with the fact that you seem to be a great photographer, yes, you are an "I". You have to encourage people or get them to do what you wish them to do.

In one of your photos, you caught the most amazing shot of a woman's face. How did you "influence" the photo?! Or influence any of your photos? Your speaking english may not be the best but your art is ASTOUNDING. Keep up the good work! A little "D" comes through too.

Hyun said...

Thank you guys for your comments. I hope all of you have a good grade.