Monday, September 22, 2008

My problem is...

I think that I am a good listener and a good adviser. However, currently my management problem is that I sometimes make a mess-up my daily schedule because of talking with my friends or family on the phone. I think that I talk too much time to them on the cell phone. I do not know why? Actually, when I was in Korea, I often called my friends and my co-workers, but not too long on the phone line. I just talked to them only for important one. I could manage my talk time and my schedule. However, since I came here, I have been getting to talk and advice too much. If one of my friends called me because of some problems, I advised her or him until it would be solve, or even if I will get a big exam on the next day early morning, I answered the friends' call and talked with them at least 1 or 2 hours. Actually, I should to do not response it, and I should to ignore it becuase I had to study for the exam. I often feel that I spend a lot of times for talking on the phone, but it is not easy for me to stop. What should I do? Do I have to close my cell phone account?

3 comments:

Qi Hu said...

I don't think turn off the phone would be a good idea because what if there is an emergency, and the person need to contact you right away?
I think you can answer the phone by saying that you need to study for the exam right now, be quick, or you can call him/her back tomorrow after the exam.

Mira. Yoon said...

Also, I had same problem before.
As for me,i often used to talk to my friends until late. As a result of it,I often messed up my time.haha, Who can i blame for this? just myself .I think you should change your attitude when you get those kind of calls when you have something important to do. you should be able to have ability to say no politely. I mean you can just talk to your friends that you got something to do, and you would call them back later. They could be a little disappointed of you at first. But your friends will understand you eventually.I know it's really hard to hang up the phone like that..it's difficult only in the beginning.As time goes by, it will be okay. I know it's really good thing to listen somebody else's problem.But the bottom line is that you should also manage your time for yourself. Good luck~~

Albert said...

I used to have that problem too, but what I would do is just let it go to the voicemail. Why...? Well if its an important call then the caller would leave an urgent message for you and if not they will most likely call you back later or wait for you to call them back. Remember to put yourself first and I know that it may be hard and may take some progress, but in the end its worth it!